Tuesday, 25 August 2009
August 4 2009
AUGUST 4 2009
It feels like I have just only started school yesterday, but it seems that I am wrong. It is already August and I didn't even realize it! Well, today we have music class again. Today we sing Heal The World again. Last time, we only sing it until the A part. Now, we've got to sing until it finishes. We sing together and now I don't cry anymore when I hear that song! Awesome, right? (Alright, maybe I'm a little exaggerating, but oh well... What can I do? Anyway, after we sing this song, Mr. John teaches us the D major triad and 7th triad. It was really boring because I have already understood about it. Hello, it's like I have studied about it since in Grade 7. However, I remember again that there are new people, maybe that's the reason he repeats it. Well, I think I did it pretty good because I have finished ahead of the others. Well, I don't know what to improve, but maybe I will improve my block notw writing. It is so messy.
When the time is up for music theory lesson, each of us move to our instrument class. During the instrument class, we play the minor scales and of course the triad and 7th triad. After that, Mr. Herry tells us to choose a song to play for our assessment. I decide that I would play the song 'You' which is a Cuban folk-song (Well, I am not sure, but it is what written on the music score) and also the one that I am learning in my piano course. When I play the song, Mr. Herry comments that the song is kind of Latin-American. Oh well, I don't know what to say. Well, I can't deny that the songs that I have chosen to play for assesment since in Grade 7 mostly were Tango-ey songs. However, I do like that kind of music. I find it very fascinating. Anyway, after I play, Mr. Herry thinks the song is alright to be played during the assessment, though I personally think that it is sort of too easy, but... I am too lazy to learn a new, hard song, so I think I will play it anyway. Although I played a little bad because there are some mistakes, I still think that I still do okay. Don't worry, of course I will improve next time. When my teacher hears me play for the next time, he will be impressed. I am sure of that. Well, I guess I will MAKE SURE of that.
When the time is up for music theory lesson, each of us move to our instrument class. During the instrument class, we play the minor scales and of course the triad and 7th triad. After that, Mr. Herry tells us to choose a song to play for our assessment. I decide that I would play the song 'You' which is a Cuban folk-song (Well, I am not sure, but it is what written on the music score) and also the one that I am learning in my piano course. When I play the song, Mr. Herry comments that the song is kind of Latin-American. Oh well, I don't know what to say. Well, I can't deny that the songs that I have chosen to play for assesment since in Grade 7 mostly were Tango-ey songs. However, I do like that kind of music. I find it very fascinating. Anyway, after I play, Mr. Herry thinks the song is alright to be played during the assessment, though I personally think that it is sort of too easy, but... I am too lazy to learn a new, hard song, so I think I will play it anyway. Although I played a little bad because there are some mistakes, I still think that I still do okay. Don't worry, of course I will improve next time. When my teacher hears me play for the next time, he will be impressed. I am sure of that. Well, I guess I will MAKE SURE of that.
Adeline Kodji
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment